print_progress(iterable, prefix='', n_items=None, offset=0, show_bar=True, show_count=True, show_eta=True, end_with_newline=True, min_seconds_between_updates=0.1)¶
Print the remaining time needed to compute over an iterable.
To use, wrap an existing iterable with this function before processing in a for loop (see example).
The estimate of the remaining time is based on a moving average of the last 100 items completed in the loop.
- iterable (iterable) – An iterable that will be processed. The iterable is passed through by this function, with the time taken for each complete iteration logged.
- prefix (str, optional) – If provided a string that will be prepended to the progress report at each level.
- n_items (int, optional) – Allows for
iteratorto be a generator whose length will be assumed to be n_items. If not provided, then
iteratorneeds to be Sizable.
- offset (int, optional) – Useful in combination with
n_items- report back the progress as if offset items have already been handled.
n_itemswill be left unchanged.
- show_bar (bool, optional) – If False, The progress bar (e.g. [========= ]) will be hidden.
- show_count (bool, optional) – If False, The item count (e.g. (4/25)) will be hidden.
- show_eta (bool, optional) – If False, The estimated time to finish (e.g. - 00:00:03 remaining) will be hidden.
- end_with_newline (bool, optional) – If False, there will be no new line added at the end of the dynamic printing. This means the next print statement will overwrite the dynamic report presented here. Useful if you want to follow up a print_progress with a second print_progress, where the second overwrites the first on the same line.
- min_seconds_between_updates (float, optional) – The number of seconds that have to pass between two print updates.
print_progressto be used on fast iterations without incurring a significant overhead. Set to
0to disable this throttling.
This for loop:
from time import sleep for i in print_progress(range(100)): sleep(1)
prints a progress report of the form:
[============= ] 70% (7/10) - 00:00:03 remaining